Little Wings Program Details
- This program for children ages 5-8 provides six one-hour sessions of on-ice instruction and a full set of Little Wings-branded hockey equipment for a low cost.
- To be eligible to participate, children must be no younger than 5 years of age and no older than 8 and have not been on a registered USA Hockey team.
- Participants are only allowed to attend on-ice sessions at the rink they register.
- Each participant must attend the equipment fitting at Pure Hockey to ensure all equipment is properly sized.
- Participants must be able to skate the width of the ice with no assistance before enrolling in Little Wings.
- Open to Michigan residents only.
Head-to-toe equipment for registered participants will be provided. Each participant will receive the following new equipment to call their own, customized by your local NHL team: helmet, gloves, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, shin guards, skates, equipment bag, stick and a Little Wings jersey (not all equipment is shown).
We recommend that you purchase a mouth guard and athletic supporter. Upon completion of the Learn to Play program, participants will be able to keep the equipment.
In addition to the equipment, participants in the Learn to Play program will also receive 6-8 weeks of age-appropriate instruction in a safe and fun environment. Learn to Play on-ice instruction plans have been developed in collaboration with experts from USA Hockey and Hockey Canada and taught by certified instructors.
St. Clair Shores Civic Arena
All participants must attend an equipment fitting at Pure Hockey in Troy between January 5-6, 2019. Pure Hockey 686 E Big Beaver Rd, Troy, MI 48083. Additional program information available at www.detroitredwings.com/littlewings
1. Saturday February 2, 2019 8:00 am - 9:00 am
2. Saturday February 9, 2019 8:00 am - 9:00 am
3. Saturday February 16, 2019 8:00 am - 9:00 am
4. Saturday February 23, 2019 8:00 am - 9:00 am
5. Saturday March 2, 2019 8:00 am - 9:00 am
6. Saturday March 9, 2019 8:00 am - 9:00 am